วันพฤหัสบดีที่ 15 เมษายน พ.ศ. 2553

-- Hamilton Beach 70670 Chef Prep 525 Watt Food Processor Black



I bought the Hamilton Beach 70670 Chef Prep in July 2009. I wanted to replace my 26-year old Cuisinart food processor which was still working fine, after years & years of hard use, but I was concerned about the BPA-plastic work bowl which was heavily scratched. Further, I didn't need such a large, heavy food processor any longer. This one seemed to fit the bill, and Hamilton Beach was the only maker of food processors that I could find which did not use BPA-plastic for their work bowls. Unfortunately this processor did not measure up to my meager needs.



As reported by someone else here, I experienced the same problem when grating cheese -- the lid flew off and cheese flew everywhere. I found that the only way around that was to slice up small wedges of cheese and very carefully feed them into the food processor, one at a time. I had to use the pulse feature too, so that I could control the duration and speed of the processing.



The other problem I had was with pureeing a soup base. The liquid spilled up & over the bowl & the lid, and onto the counter. Although I'd only filled the bowl to just under three-quarters full, I surmised that was still too much liquid so I removed half the liquid and processed the soup in several batches. Not exactly convenient.



I found the processor best for pureeing and grinding ingredients for making pestos and sauces. I did not find the slicing or the shredding blades of much value. But I didn't really have call to use it very often. I have a bread machine and thus, never used it for dough processing.



In fact, I had used the processor only five or six times when one of the bottom suction-cup feet pulled out of the machine, screw & all. There was no way I could reattach the foot and without it, the processor wobbled. Since it was still under the one-year warranty, I called Hamilton Beach. The customer service was quick although not exactly friendly, but all in all, the outcome was good. I was told to cut off the electrical cord and send it back to Hamilton Beach along with a description of the problem and my personal information, and I'd be sent a replacement. I was then told that the black processor was on back order, with no known date of delivery. The customer service rep asked if I minded receiving a white one instead. I said, yes, I'd rather have a black one but if it became a question of not getting a processor in a timely fashion, I'd settle for a white one.



About one month later Hamilton Beach sent me a food processor, but not the 70670 Chef Prep. Instead, they replaced it with a different model, the 14-cup Big Mouth 500 watt food processor, in white. I've used it a couple of times and feel it is a vastly better model.



I am very pleased with Hamilton Beach's customer service in this regard, and so far, quite pleased with the new model. I would rate the 70670 Chef Prep with two stars and an additional star for their customer service.


(35 customers reviews)
Customers Rating=4.5 / 5.0

More Detail For Hamilton Beach 70670 Chef Prep 525 Watt Food Processor Black


  • Full-size 10-cup food processor with powerful 525-watt motor
  • 2 reversible slicing/shredding discs; stainless-steel chopping blade
  • 2 speed options plus pulse for precision results; oversized feed chute
  • Dishwasher-safe bowl, lid, blades, and discs; internal cord storage
  • Measures approximately 10 by 9 by 16 inches; 1-year warranty

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น