วันอังคารที่ 27 กรกฎาคม พ.ศ. 2553

$*$ Magimix Cuisine Systeme 5150 Red



After two years of hard use, I love this thing even more now than to begin with. It has features that make it far and away more useful than my previous food processor. It's so satisfying, easy to use and reliable I sometimes use it multiple times a day.



I find it so easy to switch between various functions, its usefulness just continues to grow. Yesterday I made a quiche that required chopping leftover turkey sausage and steamed kale, grating cheese, mixing eggs and cream and chopping herbs. All told it took about 3 minutes to do the various functions and pour the resulting mix in the pie shell (made with the dough blade earlier).



This last summer I processed huge amounts of summer produce which I put up for the winter and am now enjoying all that bounty.



One thing about the Magimix is that the central tubes in the bowls are taller than other food processors so you don't have to worry about leakage. I use it as a mixer regularly, which works great because the large bowl holds a greater amount of liquidy contents than other processors' bowls of equal size. It whips egg whites and cream beautifully with the special blade--better than expected--and manages batters easily with no flour spraying around the kitchen. Since the Magimix is heavy and study, it can handle things that spin unevenly like bread dough. I use it often to make bread and have given my bread machine away.



The various disks are also much easier to attach and remove than my previous processor and do a great job whether on hard parmesan or soft mozzarella. I regularly make juice both with the citrus juicer and the other juicing accessory. All the accessories are practical and easy to use. I really have been able to get rid of several appliances because the Magimix fills so many needs successfully.



The feed tube is not as large as some (2"x3") but because it's smaller it doesn't need the safety mods and catches required by others. I value this because I can add produce continually while the processor is running so I get the job done much faster than if I had to stop and disassemble the lid repeatedly to add more as I did with my previous unit.



All the bowls nest for use so one lid works for all. It's an efficient set up. The more I use it, the more I love it. I am not gentle with it, by any means, but it's tough and always gives me the desired result. I've added extra disks, which fit in the box provided and have bought extra bowls so I don't have to wash them in between my multiple operations as much. There's a website in England that carries extra parts and accessories should you want them. They are reasonably priced and the one I ordered showed up at my door in three days!



All in all, I couldn't be happier with this food processor. The investment was definitely worth it.


(4 customers reviews)
Customers Rating=4.0 / 5.0

More Detail For Magimix Cuisine Systeme 5150 Red


  • Includes: large 16-cup bowl, medium 9-cup bowl, small 3-cup bowl, slicing and grating disc, julienne disc, parmesan/chocolate disc, bakery-grade dough blade, Sabatier double metal blade, egg whisk, citrus press, cream whipper, and juice extractor, spatul
  • Unit: 10"W x 7"D x 14 1/2"H.
  • Compact storage feature stores whisk, discs and main blades
  • Bowls are shatter proof and dishwasher safe for safety and ease of use
  • 12 year motor warranty; Made in France by Robot Coupe exclusively for CHEFS

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น