วันอาทิตย์ที่ 11 กรกฎาคม พ.ศ. 2553

-- PSI Woodworking TSGUARD Table Saw Dust Collection Guard



I have been looking at this item for a few years now. I am a woodworker with 40 years of experience and was getting concerned over my fingers and the spinning saw blade. Probability and statistics will catch up with you. I reviewed all the comments and decided to purchase the item even though many of the comments were negative. Here are my findings after installing and using the guard. First, the item arrived intact with no damage to either the box or the parts inside. The parts are well made and should last for many years. Second, the instructions were not the greatest but there were several valuable pieces of infomation in them which should be followed to help insure a properly installed and functioning unit. I would suggest that you read the instructions a few times before you begin any installation. I would not follow some of the advise which told you to throw the instructions away. Third, have a plan before you begin. I changed the basic installation plan by combining the ceiling and floor mount together. I moved the floor mount to the center of gravity of the horizontal red dust tube and suspended it from the ceiling. This resulted in a rigid installation with zero sag on either end of the long red tube. I then connected the end of the long red tube to my central 2hp cyclone dust collecting system duct at the right hand side of my saw using the supplied adapter and 4 inch hose which feeds into a 5 inch pipe. I mounted a 2.5 dust gate to the other end of the red tube and then mounted a 2.5 inch Rockler swivel between the gate and the 2.25 inch supplied dust hose. This reduced the amount of force it took to raise the blade guard since you were not twisting the 2.25 inch hose. The guard assembly now moves freely up and down with no sag or binding. The blade guard assembly was installed per the instuctions. This total installation provides 78 inches of clear space to the right of my saw blade. By paying attention to the air flow and keeping all the flexible hoses to a minimum, the system works great. There is no problem with the airflow in the long red tube. The clear plastic blade guard provides great visability while still keeping you fingers away from the blade. Would I buy this unit again? The answer is definitly yes. Would I spend three or four times the amount for another brand which basicly does the same thing using the same principles--definitly no. Hope this helps-Retwoodeng


(13 customers reviews)
Customers Rating=3.5 / 5.0

More Detail For PSI Woodworking TSGUARD Table Saw Dust Collection Guard


  • Protects you from hazardous table saw debris
  • Hood is constructed from one-piece, clear shatterproof plastic
  • Accepts saw blades up to 16-inch
  • Connects to standard 4-inch duct system
  • Adjusts easily to suit thickness of material being cut

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น